Friday, April 20, 2012

[Eat] Scrumptious Chinese 9-Course Dinner!!! @Grand Palace Restaurant, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

I was very honoured to be invited to attend my grandaunt 80th birthday dinner which was held at Grand Palace Restaurant, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur (one of the top shopping malls in Malaysia). I did not search around for any review or comment about this restaurant before attending the event, purely just happy and anticipate for it.

Surprised that their dishes gave me a very good impression especially the 'Double Boiled Superior Cucumber Soup", this was the highlight of the 9-Course dinner dishes. Top note: On special request, NO MSG allowed for the dishes. Every dishes were cooked with original spices and herbs and that made the best out of it! Definitely recommending this soup to everyone, as I did survey about this soup as well, everyone agreed! Therefore, please go and try it!


Logo of Palace Group - Captured in Pinhole Scene

Palace Three Combination - Do you notice the meat with mayonaise? That's the smoked chicken - absolutely finger licking good!!!!! A must try, the aroma of it just tasted so good!

This is only my portion, sob sob sob.... NOT ENOUGH!!!!

Personal Red Wine, all fully imported from Australia. Not by the restaurant but by ourselves.  

HIGHLIGHT! Double-Boiled Superior Cucumber Soup - this is definitely the dish that makes me want to dine in again with them. Absolutely scrumptious!

Each per person only (mine), NOT ENOUGH TOO!!! 

Funny that the waitress straight put this on the table asked if I wanna take the picture of this whole chicken before cutting into pieces. With a shocked face of mine, I said 'Oh okay, I will take this'. LOL! Purely taken just because of the waitress. LOL!

Here! Eight Treasure Truffles Chicken/Crispy Chicken with Mushroom. This was the chicken cut into pieces. Pretty good in putting back the chicken pieces accordingly. :-D

My portion again, artistically decorated by myself. Hehe!

Two Varieties of Grouper Fish - 2 different flavour. Thumbs up for this too! See the next picture for the artistic fried fish being cooked and decorated. 

Different view of the grouper fish. 

Closer view of it.

Another view -.-''' , just took it for fun! :p

Pan-fried Prawn with Superior Soy Sauce - nice!!!! Love prawns!

Sautéed Lotus Roots & Celery with Macadamia Nuts - for a carnivor like me whom don't really like to eat vegetables, I would say this was very tasty and amazingly I finished up my portion.

Finally the whole meaning of  the dinner with the dish name - Longevity Noodles! The noodles gravy was perfectly cooked and served hot noodles, which Chinese loves hot food, and the taste of it I just have to say one of the best I have eaten before.

Hehe again, my portion, forced by my sister to eat more vegetables by putting it on top.

A must have for a longevity dinner for Chinese - the Longevity Buns! Always comes in pink colour which always looked like a Peach. There is a story behind why Chinese used Peach as a longevity food. 

And I always wondered why they always make this look like your backside.

The filling of the Longevity Buns - lotus paste with salted egg yolk - I love this! Yummy!!!!!

Dessert of the dinner - Sweetened Red Bean Pats with Sesame Dumpling. Not too sweet and very springy. Hehe!!! Nice too!!!!

Captured this for fun during the gaps in between the dishes. Alot more pictures I have taken but I couldn't put all in here, as some requested not to post it here due to their privacy purposes. Sorry for not able to share all. 

Menu of the dinner. (Pinhole Scene again)





Name: Grand Palace Restaurant, Pavilion KL
Address: Lot 6.39.00, Level 6, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2143-1128


No comments:

Post a Comment